“One organisation, countless solutions, endless opportunities”
We at the Oceania Cyber Security Centre had the pleasure in presenting the first-round proof of concept projects to an audience of 130+ on 15 November 2019.
At this inaugural Showcase Event we displayed and presented the results of our first nine collaborative projects showcasing exceptional work of the joint research capabilities of our Victorian University members.
- OCSC’s operations – how we the conduit between government, industry and research operate. By providing a single point of entry, the OCSC can bring together the right mix of talent and expertise to understand and engage with any cybersecurity requirements: from technology, to assistance on developing strategy, policy and legislation, the OCSC will manage the project and ensure delivery of the desired outcomes.
- What benefits industry could expect from utilising our approach and the opportunity in commercialising academic knowledge and research positioning the OCSC as the ideal conduit to leverage a significant talent network that is equipped with the knowledge and skill to address any major cybersecurity challenges.
- How industry and government can gain accessibility to the OCSC and the 120+ network of university researchers. Some key benefits to the wider industry include:
- Helping organisations stay ahead of the cyber security threat, protecting organisational welfare and brand
- Retaining IP while transferring R&D risk
- Gaining access to OCSCs active collaborative members, leading researchers that possess the relevance to the cyber security issue and brief on hand
- Organisational support for multi-University collaborations
- Bringing the Board on the cyber security journey
- Independent and evidence-based advice
- Benchmarking current national cyber security capacity and identifying gaps in strategy, policy, practice and legislation
- Measuring the outcomes of capacity building efforts, with a road map for the next steps – attaining short term goals, maintaining long-term vision
- Reduce the harms of cyber incidents and contribute to a stable, safe and productive cyberspace for all